Box is growing fast - real fast - & were just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share & secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Boxs mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us & help build it.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, technology finance professionals, & engineers that enjoy solving the business challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow Box as fast as possible. Our role is to inform & drive some of Boxs most important business decisions by:
- Providing context & connection between functions, across time (quarter, year, multi-year), & among varying levels of data (high-level external metrics to detailed operational indicators).
- Linking that context directly to our corporate & business strategy.
- Objectively assessing the impact of the decision on our business.
Why Box Needs You
We are searching for an exceptional individual to join our team & support our global Go-To-Market organization planning & analysis efforts for $1B+ revenue scale.
Why You Need Box
The position offers a steep learning curve, a platform to inform significant decisions, exposure & accountability to Boxs leadership team, & the benefit of driving strategic projects. Youll be contributing to Boxs growth & profitability with a direct connection between your activities & the success of the business. Are you up for the challenge?
- Embed within the business & provide strategic & operational finance support to leaders within Boxs global Consulting organization.
- Drive end-to-end financial planning & forecasting (monthly, quarterly, & annual).
- Be an authority on each of the consulting businesses; analyzing & reporting on critical health metrics like consulting bookings (NRR), consulting revenue, attach rates, & consulting contribution margin.
- Partner closely with Consulting leaders to assess & balance resource allocations on a rolling basis in a data-driven, scalable manner.
- Drive highly-complex ad-hoc analyses & business cases to influence investment decisions & business strategy.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to implement & execute scalable processes for tracking & managing funding requests, triaging intra-quarter puts/takes & assessing variances to plan.
- Lead the month-end-close process, collaborating closely with our corporate finance & accounting teams.
How Youd Spend Your Day
- Managing a sizeable spend & revenue portfolio - Youll actively lead forecasting & financial planning for our Consulting organization.Example: Working with our Consulting leadership team to assess funding requests, analyze the associated business impact, & align on a decision.
- Initiating & authoring insightful financial analyses - Your business partners rely on you to help consider various financial cases & scenarios - you are the point person for building detailed financial models, extracting insights, & providing concise, actionable recommendations.Example: Working with our consulting team to define the business case & P&L impact for priority funding decisions.
- Executing the end-to-end planning process A significant portion of your role will be focused on driving with SP&A leadership to build & drive a world-class quarterly & annual planning process.Example: Working with our Consulting leadership team to distill significant amounts of data & inputs into a succinct investment case & plan for consideration by our CEO & CFO.
Who You Are
- You have 5-8 years of experience with time spent in investment banking, consulting, or finance & operations within a top technology company.
- Team environments are your jam; you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator & are not hesitant to voice your point of view.
- Youre an excel guru & know your way around SQL. You take pride in your analytical & financial modeling skills & enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems & people to find the information you need but you dont stop there: You tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights & conclusions.
- Youre a structured thinker & have strong command of the details, but dont get lost in them.
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams & various constituents comes as second-nature.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.