Via provides turn key transit operations powered by our advanced software - we call it Transportation-as-a-Service (TaaS). As a Partner Cities Operations Principal you wont be working from a playbook youll be writing it. The Operations Principal role in TaaS requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, & leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding entrepreneur to shape the operation of our game-changing services. Youll need to be an operations expert, a consummate marketer, & an exceptionally creative problem solver.
Note: This role would manage one or more of Vias TaaS partner cities in North America. The role would be based in New York City.
What You'll Do:
- Own the P&L; set aggressive targets & chase results
- Oversee all operational & financial aspects of managing Vias revolutionary turn key transit solution in new & existing markets, working closely with Vias operations, marketing, & technology development teams
- Design operational strategy & push execution; continuously working to scale processes & systems to drive rapid growth
- Set ambitious growth goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them
- Be the face of Via; develop relationships with local partners, public officials, key players, & community leaders
- Translate business agreements into fully operational transit systems - similarly, identify operational opportunities & transform them into business value
- Be a leader & work with different team members: foster a collaborative, cohesive, & energetic presence
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, & an unbelievable product every day
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments & feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- No-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense & make data-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented executor: youre obsessively action-oriented
- An exceptional leader: people love working with you & for you
- Savvy & tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Preternatural entrepreneur: youre excited to build a new business from the ground up & shape the strategic direction of our company
- 5+ years of work experience, prior P&L management and/or client management experience a plus
- Hold a Bachelors Degree with a record of exceptional academic & professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.