At GoCardless, were passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they & their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 65,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce & Quickbooks, more & more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
Were headquartered in the UK, & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners & Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. Weve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire & develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning & feedback, & support colleagues to develop in their role & more broadly in their career.
Risk @ GoCardless
Were creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We dont do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers.
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve our goals
- ...automate everything we do - we dont like inefficiencies & believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal & external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
What is Compliance Operations @ GoCardless?
Compliance Operations at GoCardless has two key focuses:
- Customer onboarding. We ensure that we meet all our KYC (know your customer) requirements while giving our clients the best possible onboarding experience.
- Stopping the bad guys. We really care about our regulatory & moral obligation to prevent money laundering & terrorist financing, we want to ensure that we catch & close down anyone we believe is misusing the GoCardless system.
Your mission is to provide a world class onboarding experience to our customers, while also stopping the GoCardless platform from being used to commit financial crime by a small number of bad actors. Day to day you will:
- Making customer onboarding decisions upon reviewing customer documentation
- Reviewing alerts that result from our PEPs & Sanctions screening process
- Communicating with our customers to guide them through the onboarding process
- Identifying opportunities to upskill other team members & proactively sharing knowledge
- Where required, conducting Enhanced Due Diligence checks on clients
What were looking for
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail & always see tasks through to completion
- You enjoy a role where youre required to be an expert in a small number of tasks
- Youre able to follow processes to the letter
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You have flawless written & verbal communication skills & are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
- You care deeply about providing customers with a great experience
Nice to have
- Previous experience in a similar role
Available shift patterns
This role is fully remote & based in the UK
This role will be required to work across a seven days per week rota
There are two shift patterns available:
- Earlies. 07:00 - 19:00 GMT. Four days on, four days off
- Lates. 13:00 - 1.00 GMT. Four days on, four days off
- Candidates must be available to work Monday - Friday 09:00 - 18:00 for initial training (estimated to be four weeks but could be slightly longer)
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us & we welcome applications from those with disabilities & from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring & onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field & continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active employee resource groups (such a BEAM & Rainbow) that are supported & sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage & inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.