ABOUT THE TEAM
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand & managing the Inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process & finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth & logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds & love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Our Planning Team is looking for a Junior Forecasting Analyst who is interested in the forecasting process at Bark. You have knowledge or would like to learn more about the various types of kits & doggos we cater to. Youre extremely detail oriented, have an eye for catching errors, & naturally double check your work. Like your team, you are a stickler for the process & are always looking to improve the process. You should be interested in discovering & analyzing trends using our different data sets. And you love dogs with all your heart.
- Analyzing trends using key data sets
- Report generation & maintenance of operations forecast & other planning reports
- Partner with the Planning, Sourcing, Merchandising & Purchasing teams to execute the monthly purchasing docs
- Ad Hoc reporting as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Wiz in Excel & systems-minded
- SQL/Python experience a plus
- Familiar with subscription business operations
- Excellent communicator across internal teams & external teams, not afraid to push back & follow up
- Ability to pull data & create a story from it
- Manages multiple tracking systems & processes
- Process improvement-minded
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, OH. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.