Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is currently seeking a Compliance Specialist to join our Product & Manufacturing Engineering team in New York. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the design, engineering, manufacturing & commercial teams throughout the product lifecycle by specifying regulatory requirements, completing pre-testing of products & supporting the team through product execution, ultimately driving the team to obtain the required regulatory compliance & safety certifications. The Compliance Specialist will also work to ensure that the products remain in compliance throughout their life cycle.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Creates processes that ensure requirements related to regulatory compliance as they relate to all Casper product categories & packaging are communicated, planned for & executed accordingly.
- Works directly with product development, manufacturing & supplier teams throughout the development process & reports on progress & scheduled commitments.
- Proactive partnership on compliance activities with wholesale & merchandising teams on new & existing products in pipeline.
- Works with the Legal team to ensure that records are properly kept, traceable & meet appropriate testing & submission processes.
- Builds framework for a compliance program SOP & Global Compliance Manual/Policy for internal reference & to ensure consistency of practice.
- Interacts & engages with US, Asian & European supply chain & commercial partners to understand specific compliance & regulatory requirements, ensuring Casper & supplier adherence to requirements & schedules.
- Develops or verifies test plans & SOPs for each test phase during the product development.
- Establishes test schedules with the 3rd party compliance labs as needed.
- Engages rapidly in resolution of test issues, works with design, manufacturing & supply base partners to develop solutions & corrective actions as needed.
- Guides design practices to ensure compliance mitigations are properly implemented in the design & manufacturing.
- Drives root cause determination & corrective actions for any failures observed during product life cycle.
- Manages & communicates with various authorities, supporting submission or inquires towards final approval from the governmental or regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for / drives regulatory label artwork configuration & release to ensure compliance to various certification bodies.
- Handles PLM documentation requests.
- Remains up to date on any changes to global compliance requirements & testing protocols.
Our dream candidate...
- Bachelors degree in a technical field. Appropriate level of experience can be considered in lieu of a technical degree.
- 3-5 years of full exposure to US & Global compliance requirements with relevant multiple generations product development & release experiences in testing, compliance & labeling of Mattresses, Furniture, Textiles, Home Goods, and/or Consumer Electronics.
- Desired: Extensive & hands-on testing experience with Federal Standard 16 CFR 1632, 16 CFR 1633, TB 117, ASTM E1590, EN 597 & all other related & relevant local, federal & global standards as well as labeling requirements.
- Desired: Hands-on experience with EMC/EMI, UL / CSA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth compliance testing during product design & qualification phases (pre-scan/compliance testing).
- Desired: Experience with multiple electronics / connected product submissions for official/global certification through FCC, CE, CSA, UL, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, others through relevant bodies.
- Desired: Experience with worldwide environmental compliance protocols & certifications such as ROHS, REACH & WEEE, Proposition 65 & others.
- Experience working with US, Asian & European manufacturing partners.
- Excellent project management skill set.
- Proven track record in working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to move quickly & work in a rapid pace environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically & internationally as required.
- Must love sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!