WHO ARE WE?
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, photography.
We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Senior Merchandising Manager to join our retail team to develop & launch new product assortments for our retail partners. This is an opportunity to develop & shape the BARK brand in retail stores both domestically & abroad. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator both internally & with external partners, comfortable balancing priorities in a fast paced environment, & passionate about creating the best dog products in the world.
- Lead the ideation & execution of world-class toy assortments for Bark in retail
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design, produce, & launch themed product in a variety of retail environments
- Work closely with design, sourcing, & sales counter-parts
- Study sales performance & data insights with analytics cross functional partners in order to guide new product development, & become an expert on the retail landscape
- Collaborate with the sales team to aide in pitch preparation including providing pitch materials & managing follow ups & deliverables based on buyer & sales feedback
- Become an expert on our product catalog, & make strategic product recommendations utilizing existing development to help increase our ROI on a per SKU basis
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of merchandising and/or product development & strategy experience.
- Powerful collaboration & communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting to & meeting with upper management, buyers, & vendors.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time in an efficient way, & prioritize key accounts.
- Understanding of or willingness to become an expert in dog. Become a brand ambassador as one of the key external faces of the brand with retail customers.
- Great at getting in the weeds, & then quickly pivoting back to top level strategy.
- Scrappy, resourceful, & determined to find solutions. A willingness to jump on problems quickly, & multi-task accordingly.
- Expert in Google Suite, PLM software experience a plus.
- Must love dogs.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. Ideally based out of our office in NYC, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.