In the role of Site Coordinator, you provide on-site & virtual consultation by teaming up with schools & youth partners to provide consultation & professional development to staff that foster social thinking & increase physical activity through play based learning.. You will work directly with a designated schools administration, teachers, and recess teams to provide expertise on Playworks best practices, model & teach the strategies, games, & systems to develop & sustain a positive classroom & recess culture. In partnership with the school, Site Coordinators create opportunities where students & school staff are active, learn leadership skills & conflict resolutions tools, & practice respectful & inclusive behavior.
Heres where you come in:
Program Implementation Duties
- Plan & implement a consultative play-based program at two to four public elementary schools.
- Coordination with administration, educators & recess teams for scheduling programmatic delivery in person or virtually. Including the collecting & maintaining paperwork, organizing & keeping current on daily, weekly, monthly schedules, meeting agendas, notes & data.
- Maintain communication between Playworks staff, school staff, teachers, & volunteers
- Plan & implement the learning units & recess staff trainings for program components.
- Deliver onsite and/or virtual coaching, consultation, & modeling to School Personnel regarding implementation of the following components.
- Recess - With School Personnel create & coach recess staff to develop a safe & inclusive recess experience. Per a schools COVID 19 policy if able have a significant presence at recess in person or virtually by organizing & playing games with 20+ students as well as role modeling positive behavior.
- Student leadership program with School Personnel organize an in person or virtual Junior Coach student leadership program by facilitating training as well as coaching staff to supervise & manage Junior Coaches roles in the classroom & recess..
- Instructional classes - coordinate & lead instructional classes in person & virtually with elementary grade levels students & their teacher in skills building, cooperative games, & activities to increase awareness of rules, boundaries, skills utilized & cultural expectations at recess.
- Model Playworks core values, program implementation, group management, & rapport building strategies for School Personnel.
- Provide school personnel with action plans & feedback regarding program implementation.
- Lead monthly meetings with school personnel to discuss best practices for program implementation & program quality goals.
- Provide Playworks Program Manager with observation notes & program strategy for program quality consultation priorities to school.
- Facilitate training(s) with Program Manager for school staff.
School Partnership Duties:
- Consistently represent Playworks brand in a professional manner.
- Design program schedule with input & support from school administration.
- Communicate with school administration regarding program implementation logistics & management support needs.
- Facilitate schools transition to other Playworks training, programs, & products in preparation for future school year.
- Showcase Playworks services in additional prospective schools to assist with an existing school recruitment strategy for growing TeamUp services within the region
- Participate in opportunities to become a certified trainer in Playworks Pro services.
- Provide timely client communication, proactive internal Playworks communication & timely reporting.
- Collect & maintain paperwork including organizing daily, weekly, & monthly schedules, timesheets, & mileage reports
- Support school recruitment administration that may include, school contact research, analyzing outreach data, attending local conferences & resource fairs.
- Provide Playworks Program Manager with weekly observational updates on program quality & partner in consultation priorities to schools.
Regional Support Duties:
- Support in delivering corporate engagements to adults such as School Beautification, Play Days, Corporate Recess in person or virtually.
- Support regional team & national program department with delivery of programmatic learning, pre-service training, management resources & contribute to the development & continued quality improvement of Playworks curriculum.
- Participate in fundraising projects & events i.e. End of the Year Appeal & annual events.
If you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some details:
- Success in this position will require you to be highly organized, great at multitasking, with a strong attention to detail & ability to manage time & multiple priorities
- The strongest candidate will have proven experience & success in managing dynamic programming, staying up to date on administrative responsibilities, be a motivated self-starter with ability to set clear goals & follow through with flexible & creative problem solving.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven organizational skills in meeting or exceeding expectations in production of timely planning & deliverables such as program plans, reports & observational notes.
- Extensive knowledge of youth development principles & practices, especially relating to social & emotional learning, play & inclusion.
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with small & large groups of children.
- Experience working collaboratively with adults & facilitating trainings for adults..
- Strong written & oral communication & presentation skills with the ability to facilitate small & large group presentations.
- Experience establishing & maintaining professional relationships with internal leadership & teams & external clients through excellent interpersonal skills & professionalism.
- Experience interacting with diverse communities & ability to integrate into school communities.
- Knowledge of computer & internet based programs especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) Google Drive, & virtual meeting platforms such as Google Meets & Zoom.
- This position may require travel to various regional locations. School sites may be widely dispersed in the city/region therefore daily access to reliable transportation is required.
- Requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work from home if needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work & an opportunity to grow professionally.
- Competitive nonprofit salary. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health & child care spending accounts.
- Generous flexible time off with sick & holiday leave
This is a hands-on, creative, playful & fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nations youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges & if you've got the skills, experience, passion, & a team spirit, apply!
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks & how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- References will be requested.
Service Environment: This position operates in both a school & office environment both indoors & outdoors. The position interacts with children on playgrounds & in classrooms on a daily basis. A significant portion of the interaction with schools may occur virtually.
Typical physical & mental demands:
This position requires sufficient physical ability & mobility to stand for extended periods at times; walk on a school site in various weather conditions; to climb stairs at some sites; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach & twist and, dependent on assignment the employee may occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform childrens physical & emotional health. Playworks currently serves more than 2,500 schools in 23 U.S. cities, & reaches 1.25 million students directly & through professional training services.
We believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, & healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, & build valuable social & emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, & after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, & consultative partnerships.
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe & healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, & build valuable social & emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing & managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities.
Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community & healthy play are the foundation of our organization & are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting & retaining the best talent we can. While diversity is often used in reference to visual characteristics such as race, ethnicity, age, sex & physical appearance, we embrace a broader definition of diversity that also includes less visible factors, We also recognize that individuals can affiliate with multiple identities.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of national origin, religion, gender, differing abilities (physical, mental, learning), sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, political affiliation, military experience, & any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.