Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide & joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, & The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a Salesforce Developer with CPQ experience to join our growing Business Applications team. Youll build upon & support our existing CPQ deployment driving a seamless Quote-to-Cash business process. This is a cross-functional role where you will partner closely with SalesOps, Finance, Legal, IT, & end-users to improve processes, workflows & develop innovative solutions. We are a bunch of hard-working & passionate individuals that enjoy delivering positive outcomes for our fellow Planeteers. Join us!
Impact Youll Own:
- Translate business/functional requirements into simple & detailed technical specifications
- Analyze, debug, improve, implement & maintain new & existing capabilities that support critical business functions
- Integrate Salesforce with 3rd party applications, billing systems, & other applications via integration tools using SOAP or REST APIs
- Design, configure, administer, & customize Salesforce CPQ including Salesforce Lightning APEX class, APEX triggers & supporting test classes, Custom Objects, Workflow Rules, Custom Fields, Validation Rules, & VisualForce Pages
- System configuration & user setups as needed. Configure fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, & dashboards
- Lead in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment, & support
What You Bring:
- 3+ years experience as a Salesforce developer with deeper experience working on APEX, VisualForce, Lightning components, & data migration using data loader
- 2+ years of experience designing & implementing full-stack CPQ solutions using the Salesforce Platform
- Strong functional & configuration expertise in CPQ / Sales Cloud & proficiency in creating workflows, process builder flows, reports, & dashboards
- Understanding of product configuration management: products, bundles, inclusion rules, recommendation rules, constraint rules
- Understanding of Pricing management: price dimensions, price rulesets, pricing callback class, validation callback class
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications like Marketo & NetSuite
- Team player with excellent oral & written communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Certifications: Salesforce Advanced Administrator, CPQ Specialist
- Hands-on experiencing architecting & implementing a CPQ deployment at a medium to large enterprise
- Experience with MuleSoft, DevOps, & integration tools
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.