At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Global Supply Manager is responsible for establishing the Supply Chain for key components & services supporting Lyfts emerging Transit Bikes & Scooters division. You will play a key role in helping to establish the strategy & drive execution activities needed to bring our new products to market. Specifically, you will be instrumental in leading the supplier selection activities & successfully manage key strategic supplier relationships including negotiating strategic agreements, component costing, & supplier management. This role is dependent on integrating & working directly with key Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, & Product Development teams.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, & vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating & refining processes, tools & templates that can be applied across all vendors & categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain & commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyfts current & future technical & business requirements
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the assigned commodities including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements & competitive landscape
- Identify & execute strategic supplier partnerships & commodity interventions to drive competitive advantages & leverage new technologies that support Lyfts product roadmap.
- Establish supplier evaluation & selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, & drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, & cost of quality
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, & service terms
- Enable Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs & future product roadmaps
- Manage all aspects of the commercial & contractual engagement with our global supply base. Manage material spend & related capital investments.
- Travel periodically to suppliers manufacturing sites to support NPI builds and/or conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the suppliers executive team.
- 5+ years of experience working in Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, preferably in the Consumer Electronics and/or Micro-Mobility industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, & negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration, related discipline or relevant work experience. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with New Product Introduction development phases (prototype, EVT, DVT & PVT) is a plus.
- Comfort with legal frameworks & contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, & service agreements) is a plus.
- Prior experience working within an outsourced manufacturing model & managing global contract manufacturing partners & suppliers.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced start-up environment is a plus.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.