BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Social Producer to join our social media team & focus on affiliate video content. This is a three-month contract with the opportunity to extend.
Were looking for someone who is social media savvy to create shortform versions of our existing content for TikTok & Instagram, & contribute to the content strategy for our growing shopping pages. The ideal candidate is a digital native with a deep understanding of what makes content shareable & an obsession for cracking the Next Big Thing on the internet. This role reports to the Lead Social Media Strategist.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely but expect to eventually return to our offices when it is safe to do so, likely in the fall.
- Work with the Affiliate Video Team to create a social strategy to grow our new shortform shopping pages
- Edit shortform versions of new & existing BuzzFeed content to optimize for Instagram & TikTok
- Own our new shopping pages with a focus on volume & conversion, finding ways to deliver new content to our audience on a regular basis & encourage purchasing
- Publish shortform content across social platforms, finding opportunities to partner with other social teams to increase our teams impact
- Identify trending products & formats that the team can utilize in their content
- Brainstorm & pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Create unique, fun ideas for social content with the potential to go viral
- Analyze & track performance data & surface team wins
- Identify when an area of focus isnt working & pivot
- Support social team in service of larger strategic needs when opportunities arise
- 1-2 years experience working with social media
- A thorough understanding of the Instagram & TikTok platforms & why content goes viral
- Basic editing skills & understanding of Premiere or Final Cut
- Excellent multitasking & communication skills
- The ability to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- A positive & curious disposition & a genuine love for & excitement about making videos for the internet
- A passion for video metrics & the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
- Interest and/or background in working with products & review content
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.