ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective & transparent way of buying & selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title & payment processing, managing arbitration & transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy & sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year & recently completed a $55 million Series F funding led by Durable Capital Partners LP.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Staff Software Engineer that will work on a cross-functional agile team in operational tools, product, or infrastructure. You will work alongside software & production engineers to build & ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus, that you have excellent communication skills, & that you have a record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Architect, deliver, & maintain four or more domains/products with many components & services.
- Collaborate with software & production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, & ensure high reliability & performance of our products.
- Influences company wide engineering standards for tooling, languages, & build systems.
- Develop & implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk & liability are accounted for.
- Contribute, influence, & set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages.
- Implement engineering wide security standards & ensures security compliance for the business.
- Modify & develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, & build robust test suites for your products.
- Lead team discussions to define requirements on new & current products.
- Respond to & troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, & effectively.
- Act as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
- Manage third-party consulting resources, as needed.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working with continuous integration & build tools
- Expert in version control systems
- Expert in software design & problem solving across many domains/products.
- Expert in software engineering tooling & mentors & drives adoption for new tools & tooling standards.
- Expert in release, builds, testing & the entirety of the SDLC.
- Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing & other common tools.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.