Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Security to support the successful creation & execution of our company-wide security programs, reporting to the CISO. This role is responsible for helping to drive & implement Mailchimps security strategy to protect the business from security threats & cyber-attacks. Additionally this role will manage the development & delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architecture & systems to ensure information system security across the company.
This position will work closely & cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, IT, Engineering, Business Operations, & other leadership stakeholders; & manage a high-performing team of Security professionals.
The right person has excellent people, processes & technology skills, is a security thought leader & problem solver, & has a strong track record of partnering with key stakeholders & teams to drive security initiatives. Additionally, this person is highly-organized, enjoys leading & mentoring teams, & doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves & jumping in. They are eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do:
- Support & manage the defined Security strategy for the development of information security technologies, policies & practices to secure protected & sensitive data while ensuring information security & compliance with applicable regulations
- Lead a top performing & diverse team of security professionals who are responsible for successfully executing on the comprehensive security strategy
- Stay ahead of the global threat landscape & stay up to date with the latest cyber security technologies
- Effectively communicate & educate Mailchimps employees from all functions on the purpose & vision of our security strategies
- Be a key contributor for the evaluation & selection of security applications & systems
- Makes recommendations & assists in the implementation of changes to work methods & procedures to make them more effective or to strengthen security measures.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security & information technology fields.
- You have excellent people leadership skills Track record of providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff & building a positive working environment
- You are highly-organized with program management skills
- You're able to communicate & collaborate with technical & non-technical audiences
- You have significant experience in successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of the business
- You have solid decision making skills
- You have experience in dealing with internal / external auditors
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.