The Squarespace Media & Acquisition team is known for pioneering work across digital, traditional & emerging channels. We combine the highest impact brand efforts with surgical deployment of performance tactics to grow Squarespaces influence among designers, artists, businesses & people hoping to enhance their digital identities. Now, we are seeking a passionate, creative, & broadly experienced marketer to join us as a Channel Strategist. You will apply your natural curiosity & drive for continuous improvement to make a direct impact on the business.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detailed, & has a keen ability to determine which growth opportunities are great versus good. You are equally comfortable working autonomously or collaborating with a team. You enjoy solving open-ended problems & organizing hundreds of possibilities into a powerful & actionable plan. Design is important at Squarespace, & were looking to hire someone who takes pride in every pixelwhether on a spreadsheet, or a major advertising placement. This position is based in our NYC headquarters.
- Manage relationships with current & future vendors & digital publishers (OOH, online radio, new channel discovery)
- Surface, evaluate, & execute new partnership opportunities with creators in verticals such as gaming, music, & small business
- Develop & design powerful marketing plans & strategies across several marketing channels, balancing meticulous preparation with frequent iteration & optimization
- Apply paid media strategies & cutting-edge advertising technology to drive subscriber growth for Squarespace
- Negotiate contracts of various shapes, sizes, & spend levels
- Report regularly on campaign effectiveness; recommend strategies & tactics for moving the business forward
- Identify & present on opportunities to both grow existing efforts, as well as expand into uncharted territory
- 3-5 years experience in performance driven marketing
- Expertise in a range of paid media channels both traditional & digital
- Familiarity with / curiosity about emerging channels & technology
- Boldness to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, balancing independent thought with collaboration
- Ability to identify & negotiate partnerships across digital channels
- Analytical mindset ; sufficient Excel skills to analyze campaign data for actionable & timely optimizations, & to build reports for measuring ad effectiveness
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Self-motivation, confidence, & intellectual curiosity
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.