What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place
where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Electronic Trading Architect join our growing team!
As an Electronic Trading Architect, you will help BlockFi build a world-class electronic trading platform for crypto. Working with a team of experienced & dedicated engineers, you will have the freedom to make independent design decisions & implement new technologies. You will be responsible for making sure that the system follows a clear roadmap based on core tenets of reliability, scalability, & speed. The platform is part of a broader execution services business designed to enable thousands of institutional clients to price & place trades over a combination of UI & API at scale. Your objective will be to make sure that all design & technology decisions are scalable or have a clear path to scalability.
- Architect front-to-back electronic trading system: risk management system, order management system, execution management system, & smart-order-router
- Ensure that key components such as the algo suite, market data repository, venue connectivity, data store, & messaging bus are built for scale & reliability
- Guide & advise team on technology & design trade-offs based on personal experience
- Help build internal matching engine to optimize client flow & improve pricing for clients
- BS or MS in computer science
- At least 10 years experience in electronic trading
- Must have experience building single dealer platform that catered to thousands of clients
- Familiarity with Python & C++
- Interest in Rust is a plus
- Familiarity with messaging services such as Redis Streams, Kafka, & RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with AWS services such as RDS, ElastiCache
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand