Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate Business Operations Associate will focus specifically on growing the newly launched real estate business at Better. The Real Estate company is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction & providing customer support for home discovery.
Customers interested in this offering have grown 6X since the beginning of the year, & volume is continuing to grow at a tremendous pace. As an early member of this business, you will play a vital role in shaping the strategy & operations for our real estate offering. You will wear many hats & work collaboratively with stakeholders across the org to influence & execute sales, operations, marketing & product strategy for our real estate venture. Some examples of past projects include:
- Implementing & managing nation-wide real estate agent distribution network
- Building out a first-of-its-kind customer & agent outreach team
- Designing & implementing of multi-channel customer outreach strategy
As part of the Real Estate team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to shape & build out this business. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize & solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather & analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) & derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions (e.g., operations, product, marketing, capital markets, corporate) through our strategic planning & OKR cycles
- Lead end-to-end execution on major, cross-functional real estate initiatives
- You are a strong performer with at least 1-2 years of experience in business operations / management consulting at a top-tier firm or business operations at a growth-stage startup
- You have a bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality & effectiveness
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling, slide writing & presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred
- Youve worked previously with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have excellent communication & relationship-building skills.
- You are highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or information system
Things We Value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building.Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.