Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Engineering
New York City (Remote)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. Recently, we are on track to triple the size of our engineering team in less than 2 years & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
As a member of the Technology Infrastructure organization, you will be empowered to create software that scales with our expanding engineering teams. We are looking for experienced software engineers who thrive in cross-team collaboration, are passionate about building the next generation software platform & are excited to build great products used by hundreds of engineers. We welcome builders that can lead the development of high-performance systems, & overcome roadblocks when they see them. Youll be instrumental in building our software, designing architecture for scale, & implementing industry best practices.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop & maintain the automation & infrastructure for our software platform
- Reimagine & develop the architecture & software stack for improved availability & durability
- Own tooling & automation as first-class products & services
- Drive best practices & engineering excellence across the entire organization
- Drive improvements across the software stack with a focus on security & performance
- Use quality metrics to drive higher availability
What Were Looking For:
- BS in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience using Docker
- A track record as a leader with cross-team impact & influence
Nice To Have:
- Production container platform experience (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Experience integrating SaaS providers
- Experience working with AWS Web Services (EKS, EC2 etc.)
- Networking expertise
- Observability platform experience (DataDog, ELK, or Splunk)
- CI/CD development
- History of improving reliability & resiliency for your applications
- Full-stack application development experience
- Previous experience growing a startup
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!