Were looking for an Intermediate Backend Engineer to help us build scalable & reliable services to support our growing business. In this role, you will help develop & deliver next-generation services that will help increase the efficiency, reliability, performance, & agility of Rituals infrastructure. You will work in close collaboration with our product, design, & engineering teams to deliver delightful features to continue to grow & expand the reach of Rituals product line.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-4+ years of experience delivering high-quality software
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems & a willingness to take on new product features
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design
- Coding skills in Java or C++/C
- Large systems software design & development experience, with knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Interest in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems
Big Plus If
- You have experience building microservices
- You are familiar with Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- You have experience with database design & SQL
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy
- Daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive
- A pantry full of snacks
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites
About the Team
The engineering team at Ritual is a small & tight-knit unit. We are driven to deliver high-quality software as quickly as possible to our end users. We are extremely data-driven in our decisions about the product & constantly iterate to provide best customer experience. We are problem solvers, while remaining business-minded & customer-focused.
We are mostly a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We are currently in the process of transitioning a monolithic codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker/Kubernetes communicating over gRPC. Our data layer is mainly in MySQL, Memcache, & BigQuery. Our customers interact with the application through native iOS & Android apps as well as a web (React) interface. We take a project-based agile approach to software development.
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods & services more efficient. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 290+ people & has raised $150 million in venture funding.