Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools & financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A & overall finance function. This position reports to the Sr. Director, FP&A.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the P&L & ensure overall company financial targets are met through ongoing identification of growth opportunities & P&L management.
- Lead, prepare & coordinate the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, & long-range strategic planning processes partnering with all functional areas across the business to ensure alignment of business & financial goals
- Identify & report KPIs to track company performance against goals & provide insights to trends
- Own & drive improvements to the FP&A reporting & planning tools
- Partner closely with the Accounting & Data & Analytics teams to enhance management reporting & tracking of operational & financial metrics
- Drive high profile financial & business planning projects to enable scalable growth working closely with leaders to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Manage & develop a team of FP&A analysts to achieve team objectives & enable company financial & business goals.
What We'll Expect from You:
- Experience managing an FP&A team in fast-growing technology business or fast-paced Fortune 500 environment
- Experience mentoring, developing & managing a team of FP&A professionals
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, & problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp & apply analytical concepts
- Understand the economics of a capex intensive business & key levers for efficiency
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning & analysis & operational budget management
- Track record of delivering company financial goals for revenue growth & profitability
- Experience in driving process improvements & efficiencies in key levers across the business
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes & meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal & written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy & precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized & resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, & excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology & genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelors degree required
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!