About the job
Product Operations AI Curation is Doubleverifys business unit that supports the operations necessary to the development & measurement of Doubleverifys Brand Safety & Suitability solutions. Our team dedicates every day to making the internet a safer place for advertisers, brands, & publishers. We partner with teams across Doubleverify to deliver automated & manual solutions for classification of content in areas ranging from copyright infringement, to violence, to inflammatory news & politics. As a diverse team of AI Curation Specialists, we work together to improve classification processes & maintain our industry-leading position in brand safety & suitability for all publishing channels that Doubleverify supports. Our work results in bettering the experience of brands, advertisers, & publishers across the globe, & reducing the ROI of bad actors who seek to circulate harmful or unsuitable content & monetize it through the advertising ecosystem.
In this role, you will be responsible for building business operations for scale through partnership with business-process-outsourcing [BPO] vendors & staffing agencies. You will start by taking on day-to-day operations for existing vendors, setting a transition strategy for the opening of an international internal office. You will establish a culture infused with DoubleVerifys core values & drive timely delivery of manual classification & curation requirements in close collaboration with these vendors & your offshore team. To accomplish this goal, you will work with our Program Lead, AI Curation Managers, & Senior Director to create & sustain a training program, planning cadence, & KPIs for the teams success.
As a senior vendor manager, you prioritize the success of your team first & foremost, by identifying operational risks & clearly communicating goals & blockers to project stakeholders. You deliver world-class training programs & lead through influence across teams all over the globe. Our projects often span offices, time zones, & hemispheres, & it's our job to keep all the players coordinated on progress & deadlines.
- Support the transition from BPO vendor-driven operations to the opening of an office with the appropriate IT, HR, & legal entity backbone to create a safe & supportive work environment for our employees.
- Manage a suite of vendor partnerships with support from your colleagues, & execute a timely transition to an internal offshore team of 3-4 team leads & 60-80 specialists by the end of your first year.
- Guide these teams to deliver manual classifications of various content with the highest quality. Ensure the delivery of training data & daily risk triage processes, as well ad-hoc requests from product managers & clients.
- Establish our presence in a new market by identifying & participating in local initiatives in the community & share the DoubleVerify mission in your professional network.
- Manage cross-functional stakeholder requirements via effective communication, collaboration, & consultation with leaders in US, vendor partners, & in offshore operations.
- Scope, define, & manage the intake of new projects for your team. Help educate your partners on the teams capabilities & deliver manual classification projects on-time.
- Own & optimize the office operations by providing perks, incentives, & career development resources to delight your employees & contractors.
- 5+ years of experience in product operations or customer support for a technology or large multinational services organization, with proven results managing vendor workforces.
- Proven results opening international offices & working with scaled vendor workforces remotely.
- Excellent communication & time-management skills.
- Experience analyzing, forecasting, & presenting operational metrics such as throughput, utilization, accuracy.
- Ability to effectively influence & communicate across multiple functions (e.g., Product, Data Science, Analytics, etc.) & throughout the organization.
- Experience working in Trust & safety lines of business, especially content moderation and/or ML development for classifying content into safety related topics such as crime, violence, & sexuality.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$97,000 to $184,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.