Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
Labs is responsible for new brand diversification efforts under Harry's's vision to build a family of disruptive omni-channel CPG brands. For example, we recently acquired Lume & incubated the Cat Person brand from the ground uppretty cool! Our goal is to continue acquiring or launching highly disruptive CPG brands based on the investment ideas you will help identify & evaluate.
The Manager of Consumer Insights & Brand Strategy will play a key role in identifying well-positioned, consumer-centric brands to acquire. They'll do so through end-to-end planning, execution & synthesis of consumer research (qualitative & quantitative) & brand analysis. These skills will transfer to future initiatives around incubating new, next generation CPG brands.
We want someone who is motivated by working across multiple product categories & analyzing data to unearth deep consumer insight & implications. This person should be an out-of-the-box problem solver who is able to operate both highly strategically (able to take a wide view & connect dots across information sources) & highly tactical (driving down to the most minute details). Most of all, we want a team member who can effectively collaborate with the team & the external cross-functional groups with which we partner.
What you will accomplish:
- Scope & complete end-to-end consumer & brand research that uncovers consumer segments, needs & gaps (for example) & how brands are competitively positioned.
- Determining the size & attractiveness of an opportunity using quantitative & qualitative consumer data from both primary (surveys, focus groups, etc.) & secondary (consumer reviews, syndicated panel data, industry reports, press, etc.) sources.
- Designing, programming, & analyzing consumer surveys; preparing for, conducting & analyzing in-depth interviews & focus groups
- Distill data & observations, often from multiple sources, into insightful presentations with clear implications
- Lead all aspects of vendor relationships & our licensed suite of insights tools (note, you will receive training for IRI, Q, Alchemer if platforms are new to you)
This should describe you:
- A Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a consumer-focused field such as CPG, consumer retail, and/or brand innovation (whether as a consultant or working internally at a company)
- Examples of experience could be consumer insights/research, strategy or brand strategy consulting, brand management, ad agency planning function, etc.
- Comfortable working with & synthesizing both quantitative & qualitative data from multiple sources to develop a point of view
- Note: Past experience analyzing quantitative data in particular is a must. You should feel confident working with large data sets to uncover useful insights (specific experience in analyzing survey data and/or syndicated consumer data such as IRI is a plus but not required)
- Deeply curious & wants to understand what makes consumers tick & what techniques to use to uncover consumer insight. Gets beyond surface level learning & uncovers the why by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Opportunity-minded: You are wired to find opportunity amidst roadblocks & barriers; you think creatively about what could be true but also think through practicalities & ground your assessments in whats good for a brand & a business
- Resilient & adaptable: comfortable dealing with ambiguity by being open to trying new ways of working, switching gears & rolling up sleeves to get stuff done - often proposing new directions in order to make maximum impact on the business
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights, Harrys Labs
- Advised closely by the Labs teams Director of Brand Strategy & Vice President
- You will work on the Harrys Labs team, a small team dedicated to acquiring brands people like more into the Harrys Inc family; overtime, the team will also take on new brand development & incubation
- You will also have opportunities to collaborate with brand teams across Harrys
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $91,600-$125,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.