Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times, & many more global enterprises.
The goal of Optimizely's product designers is to deeply understand our customer's problems & design solutions to those problems. They are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, & engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, & ship finished designs to customers.
This role will work with our analytics, data platform, & machine learning teams, whose mission it is to make the most accurate & fastest decisions about their business while using experimentation to deliver unbeatable digital experiences. This role requires a strong aptitude for data visualization & experimentation.
- Data visualization or analytics experience is required for this role.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process, with a proven ability to deliver projects
- High fidelity user interface & interaction design skills, with proven experience in data visualization.
- Loves to build prototypes, even better if these are in code
- Open to rapid iteration, feedback, & experimentation. Always seeks customer input & understanding.
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business goals, & to work with stakeholders across the company to build consensus
- Exceptional communication skills, & the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy & vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build') as an effective partner for product managers
- A desire to learn & curious by nature - about people, technology, data, new industries, & the world
- Empathy - for customers & your fellow employees
- A strong portfolio showcasing product design work, which includes data visualizations or analytics examples
- 5+ years of product design experience
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.