Pager is looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer to build & deploy Machine Learning models into the company's core services. Youll be working in a fast-paced collaborative environment & contribute to our team's mission: Turn the complex world of healthcare into a simple & beautiful experience using Machine Learning.
- Define, prototype, develop, deploy, & maintain Machine Learning models: From Natural Language Understanding to Predictive Clustering.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team that includes engineers, data scientists, product team members & clinicians to identify & plan new features & solve problems
- Ensure high quality of code
- Mentor your peers & stay up to date in your knowledge
You'll be a good fit if
- You know data science:
- Have a strong hands-on knowledge of machine learning algorithms, both deep & shallow
- Are comfortable using machine learning stacks & can make good decisions about which to use to solve a particular problem
- Hands-on experience with machine learning tools & libraries including (not limited to) Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy
- Are familiar with data cleaning, sanitization & adequate handling of sensitive information
- You know computer science & engineering:
- Have a strong CS background to choose the right algorithms, systems approaches & patterns to solve problems: you won't reinvent the wheel
- Have a proven track record designing & implementing data driven products
- Write production quality code & tests
- Build APIs that expose ML models
- You can hit the ground running:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, statistics, computational linguistics, or other quantitative field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in a production data science environment
- Experience working with AWS & Docker
- You have a sense of ownership:
- Take responsibility for your projects & pride in your work
- You come up with novel solutions to a diverse set of problems:
- Ask hard questions & challenge assumptions to ensure that were solving the right problems
- Have flexibility to work on the teams most pressing problems
Nice to haves
- Experience dealing with health system partners data (e.g. EHRs, HIEs, ADT feeds, claims/pre-auth feeds, )
- Experience with storage models coming from the SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) & NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Graph based storage)
- RabbitMQ & NodeJS experience
- Understanding & exposure to some ML topics: pattern detection; entity recognition; semantic role labeling; & clustering & classification models, neural networks
- Experience using Docker containers & configuration management systems
- Experience in Tensorflow, Keras
Pager is re-inventing the traditional patient experience. A leader in the healthcare industry with its innovative tech solutions to help patients access care, Pager is a multi-faceted care navigation platform. Patients can access a wide range of services from connecting with providers directly throughthe app & getting answers to general health care questions (from the comfort of their home) to scheduling in-home visits. Pager has partnered with top-tier health plans, health systems & provider networks across the U.S.
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful startups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality & personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours & group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, & fun to join our tight-knit & growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people & living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.