When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes. And were just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Why the Local Activation Team?
The Senior Local Marketing Manager will sit within the Local Activation Team. The team is responsible for developing the strategy for how Deliveroo grows each priority neighbourhood, city & region.
The team identifies commercial & consumer insights, develops highly relevant & engaging messaging for target audiences & builds campaigns & toolkits, before executing these tactically to unblock consumer perception barriers & win market share.
The structure comprises a Head of Local Activation & four Senior Marketing Managers to lead the strategic direction & performance of the regions, alongside three Associates who support in developing, executing & measuring fully integrated campaign plans. In addition, the team supports proactive hyperlocal opportunities, to grow orders & sales.
Why the role?
- The Senior Local Marketing Manager will report directly into the Head of Local Activation, & will lead their direct report, to deliver NC/Order targets across the South & Midlands regions.
- They will achieve this by working collaboratively with the Commercial Team to evaluate the commercial needs & opportunities across their regions. They will provide insights, analysis & recommendations, using this output to lead joint business planning.
- They will align senior stakeholders to key initiatives & priorities for the year; before translating into an annual marketing plan. This will include leading cross-functional teams to develop & execute fully integrated TTL campaigns; identifying which marketing levers need to be pulled (eg. Awareness, Conversion, Daypart Sales), selecting the most effective channel mix & delivering standout creative & messaging, that delivers against their insight-led brief.
- They will proactively develop business tracking tools, provide regular channel updates & strategic reviews. They will improve our ability to react to tactical opportunities, by supporting the development of the Local Activation Portal (evolving this into a one-stop-shop for reactive hyperlocal campaign execution). They will take ownership of the portal, ensuring that additional bespoke campaigns & toolkits are developed & added to this.
- They will sit on the South & Midlands leadership team & oversee the budget, ensuring that we are delivering plans within budget & reporting on payback. In addition, they will present learnings across the wider business, helping to demonstrate the positive CPIO/CPIA of hyperlocal activity whilst elevating the team profile.
- They will be well versed in developing effective & credible relationships with internal & external stakeholders. They will prioritise the coaching & development of their direct report.
- 5+ years experience marketing or agency experience executing TTL marketing campaigns. At least 2yrs in a senior position.
- Youre both analytical & commercial & you enjoy interpreting data to develop insight/consumer-led marketing strategy. You can then translate this into strategic & creative campaigns.
- You have extensive channel knowledge across multi-channel, earned & own channels; confident in creating channel plans to deliver against campaign objectives.
- You can optimise & evaluate campaigns, whilst providing future recommendations.
- You will have experience of bespoking national campaigns, from messaging through to developing regional media campaign layers.
- Youre skilled at planning, organising, prioritising & executing simultaneous projects & activities at once.
- You have strong interpersonal skills & can manage multiple cross-departmental stakeholders; confident communicating at all levels.
- You have a self-starter attitude & youre able to deliver in a fast-paced matrixed organization with constant change.
- You have a proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly & efficiently.
- Experience within growth marketing in a startup environment is a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.