About this Role
Whats next in pop culture comes first on Fandom. As the worlds largest fan platform for entertainment, we enable over 330 million monthly unique users to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the vibrant world of movies, TV & gaming.
You will be the first Product Marketing Manager at Fandom, responsible for establishing the product marketing practices at the company, & defining, designing, & delivering the most delightful end-to-end fan journeys on our platform. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the earliest stages of a groundbreaking & critical user engagement initiative at Fandom.
Reporting directly to the VP of Consumer Marketing & collaborating cross-functionally, you will create & activate strategies & tactics to significantly scale cross-fandom user behaviors in support of building both the business as well as the brand. You will be an integral part of the consumer marketing team, working in tight partnership with incredible humans across product, engineering, design, analytics, content & community teams, & expected to contribute your own ideas & improvements to our platform experience.
- Understand consumer usage occasions, critical traffic drivers, core on-site/in-app user flows, as well as how to measure, track & optimize these journeys to accomplish Fandoms business- & brand objectives.
- Lead Go-To-Market for new Fandom products & features. Own the development, execution & post-launch evaluation of GTM strategies & activations, in close collaboration with product, ad tech, sales, comms & marketing teams.
- Define, develop & implement product marketing strategies & experiments to improve fan engagement across all properties & devices, with an eye toward optimizing the overall fan experience.
- Define product value propositions (including messaging) for our fans, & assess, validate & position them in context of the Fandom brand promise, the product roadmap, as well as within the competitive landscape.
- Lead operationalization of product marketing initiatives, including defining RASCI, timelines, team cadences, deliverables, project milestones, budget needs, measurement frameworks, & internal communication.
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with the product-, engineering- & marketing teams, & build systemic interfaces & programs to hard-wire the product marketing practice into the broader organization.
- Lead the framing, development, testing & optimization of consumer-facing language for landing pages, product features, Calls-To-Action & more, across our properties.
- Passion for pop culture, entertainment & gaming
- A ruthlessly customer-centric work ethic & approach to marketing
- Deep understanding of modern UX principles, design & product marketing tactics
- Understanding of state-of-the-art martech & product development tools
- Demonstrated influence on product strategy, roadmaps & GTM programs
- Experience in effectively & efficiently directing high-volume traffic to profitable CTAs
- Ability to simplify complex situations, & solve problems through collaboration
- Ability to synthesize data & insights into succinct strategies & action plans
- Strong sense of urgency, bias to action, & attention to detail
- Agility to effectively navigate fast-paced environments
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, UX design, or product management
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Engineering or Design
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience in working on digital media, content publishing, digital community management, dual-sided marketplaces, or social platforms.
- Experience in technical product marketing inside a product organization, product management, or functional PMO roles inside a marketing organization.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act