Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, & adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors & phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices & products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether youre watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking todays forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location & maps within those apps. Were changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
Were looking for someone to handle the day-to-day transactions as a part of our accounting team & to support our growing global company. You should be excited to help grow a startup & gain accounting experience. Were looking for an accountant who will thrive in a rapidly growing company & be able to pivot on priorities. Someone who will execute with precision to enable us to scale our current processes through the next stage of our growth. We want someone whos calm under pressure, efficient, & detail oriented, while still enjoying the uncertainty & ever-changing nature of a high growth company.
What Youll Do
- Ownership of revenue accounting close process for assigned areas
- Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations & flux analysis for revenue & AR related accounts
- Manage full accounts receivable processes, including invoice preparation & collections, for assigned revenue streams
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding invoices, payments, & completion of onboarding forms
- Collaborate with billing team to process billing updates, corrections, refunds & credit notes as needed
- Identify opportunities for, & assist in the design, documentation & implementation of process improvements & increased controls to support the company's growing operations
- Support revenue operations as needed (i.e. customer account activation/deactivation)
- Assist with preparation for the annual financial statement audit
- Assist in special projects & other ad hoc duties as appropriate
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Netsuite or similar ERP system experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & work on multiple tasks at once
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Results focused while ensuring weekly/monthly billing deadlines are met
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pluses, but not required
- CPA with Big 4 experience
- Experience with Stripe, Salesforce, & FloQast
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position & are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems & opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, & innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching & learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function & the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team & encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, & sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name & contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.