Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Product Design team sits at the intersection of design, product management, & engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing & editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
Were looking for a creative Product Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations. In this role you will help lead product design efforts for our Tech Partner Program & Partner Integrations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges & obsessing about cultivating transparency & guiding design approaches. Youre highly collaborative & comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Actively manage product designers & provide guidance, oversight, & mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, & help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well as mentor & grow team
- Manage teams visibility, documentation & process tools
- Collaborate closely with our Tech Partner team & Partnership Product Managers
- Work closely with front end & engineering managers to advance patterns & standards as well as finalize timelines & deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set & exceed best practices & standards, measurable impacts, & design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Oversee project timelines & deliverables, guide production pipeline & communicate evolving project goals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years product design experience
- Experience managing design teams or passion to move into a management role
- Experience on teams designing for web & mobile
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change & hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned andhighly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historicPonce City Market, right on theBeltline. We offer our employees anexceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), andgenerous profit sharing. We hirehumble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.