Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Vox Media Podcast Network creates high-quality audio programming for passionate audiences, hosted by top talent from our house of editorial brands & beyond. We are looking for an Account Director, Audio to join the team working with the leading podcast direct response advertisers & agencies.
As a member of a growth business, you will use your content expertise & channel knowledge to grow a key revenue stream via our suite of audio products with an array of DR partners.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent & persuasive interactions with clients, proven sales skills, & the ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to close deals. You will need to think strategically & creatively, about our business & your clients' business & will take a consultative approach to ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership outcome.
This position will report into the VP of Audio Revenue & Partnerships. It is a NYC-based position.
What You'll Do:
- Be an audio expert, on both VMPN & the broader podcasting landscape
- Work with sales management to develop account & agency strategies
- Proactively prospect & pitch existing & new DR partners on our audio offerings
- Develop new relationships at all levels with agency & client partners responsible for audio advertising & communications
- Manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads & track/follow-up on leads
- Work with sales support staff & finance team to ensure spots are booked, fulfilled, & invoiced properly
- Drive high sales call volume & presentation activity with excellent verbal & written sales presentations
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners by consistently bringing them creative, solutions-oriented audio ideas & products to meet their business challenges.
- Oversee the proposal & media plan process, ensuring highly relevant & creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with VMPN VP to manage internal revenue expectations & forecasting.
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising sales - preferably with experience selling on-demand audio/podcasting - with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Willing & able to work with multiple stakeholders across a business opportunity to develop the best solution for our clients
- Willing to travel.
- Must have empathy, emotional & intellectual curiosity & think in terms of identifying solutions vs identifying issues
- Attention to detail, ability to be flexible, work nimbly & with sense of humor.
- A passion for online media, in particular podcasting (you will be listening to a lot of podcasts) & journalism/storytelling
- Sense of humor both wit & off-kilter welcome & an easy-going attitude
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.