What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What youll do:
- Build out reusable services that will scale across multiple product teams by understanding the larger product direction & solving for the general capabilities of the platform.
- Deconstruct a product application into a smaller domain specific service with a plan to migrate to the new services.
- Expand on & building new tooling that will help developers move at a high velocity.
- Use your experience in system design & software engineering skills to develop & deploy software that will help drive improvements towards availability, performance, efficiency, & security.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to discover common pain points, develop solutions, & promote best practices.
What were looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience.
- Comfortable with a high level language like Ruby, Python or Go.
- Experience with API design.
- Solid grasp on testing principles.
- General database & SQL knowledge.
- Comfortable with the command line & Unix.
- A fun & positive approach to your work, & treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- A background in refactoring monolithic systems.
- Familiarity with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ, Kafka).
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes) & Docker.
- Hands on Experience with ElasticSearch or Solr.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Our Pizza Philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, & live your best slice life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.