About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in womens everyday lives & empowering women to feel like their best selves every day. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $190M from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 6MM-strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering & smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
Asset Protection/Security Team Lead:
The Asset Protection/Security Team Lead serves as a designated asset protection & security representative of assigned dream fulfillment center (DFC), coordinating & implementing all areas of the Rent the Runways (RTR) Asset Protection Programs as directed by the Director of AP & Inventory Control. You will influence behavior & inspire commitment on the part of all associates in complying with RTRs standards & maintaining a safe & secure work environment. This will include conducting training & coaching associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
The role is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly & monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams & corporate based reporting processes. You will support managements efforts to ensure compliance with all company security expectations, protection of equipment, assets, & people. You will conduct risk assessments in the facility, & recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management.
The Team Lead will also be required to lead & participate in any investigations with local & federal law enforcement agencies. Conduct internal investigations with regards to work place violence, theft, & other security concerns. You will also manage & serve as main point of contact for 3rd party security team by ensuring there is adequate coverage for all applicable buildings/shifts. You will ensure that the security team is aware of RTRs security policies & partner with vendor to performance manage the team when those guidelines are not adhered to.
- Must be available to work a 7pm to 3am shift.
- Identify & inform management of compliance issues, security or asset risks, & improvement opportunities through the process of doing daily, weekly, & monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with RTRs standards.
- Document incident information in RTRs log in a timely manner.
- Perform inventory control & security observations & audits.
- Train & assist the operations staff to comply with RTRs security responsibilities
- Perform specific training as required by the company.
- Partner with IT to maintain the security system at all applicable sites.
- 2+ years of growing responsibilities in an asset protection, inventory control or security function in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality in all matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the workplace.
- Knowledge of industry security standards
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree in a security related field
- Must be flexible regarding shifts as security incidents can happen at any time.
- Computer skills relevant to reviewing security footage & creating documents & incident logs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need