We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
Birchbox is hiring an experienced VP of Global Finance to drive our financial strategy. The VP of Global Finance will oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, cash management, accounting & manage our 5 person finance & accounting team for our US business. Additionally, they will oversee the financial consolidation across our global markets in the UK, Spain & France.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Team Management
- Management of 5+ person accounting & finance team
- Identify resource gaps & hire accordingly
- Strategic Financial Oversight
- Partner with finance leads in the global markets to lead the annual budgeting process, oversee regular forecast updates & on-going analysis
- Partner with finance leads in the global markets to lead the global short & long-term cash management process including: regular week-to- week cash forecasting & planning, banking relationships, & other debt and/or equity financing to ensure long-term liquidity.
- Own the companys global long term financial model to guide future direction, strategic plans & support of tactical initiatives.
- Develop analytical frameworks & conduct analyses that simplify complex problems & develop business cases to inform strategic trade-offs & decision making
- Executive Leadership
- Advise the executive team by providing recommendations & actionable insights based on past & expected future performance. Guide the financial direction of the company
- Lead cross functional conversations about financial performance of the Company & understand / educate departments on implications of operational decisions
- Lead cross functional tracking & sharing of KPIs that most impact the P&L
- Synthesize analyses into clear presentations that identify key trends, insights, & implications while aligning stakeholders on action plan on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Accounting oversight
- Direct accounting policies, procedures & internal controls
- Recommend improvements to enhance timeliness & accuracy of financial results
- Manage team to oversee annual audit process
- External Partnerships
- Oversee the relationship with independent auditors & outside advisors
- Partner with COO on the future development of ERP(JDEdwards) & financial systems
- Partner with CEO & board to manage relationships with investors & investment institutions, support ongoing fundraising & M&A processes
- 10+ years of experience in finance required
- Investment banking experience required
- Experience with oversight of accounting & accounting best practices required
- Experience with investor relations & strategic cash management are required
- Experience in both large & small company preferred
- Experience in a subscription/rebillable based business preferred
- CPG/inventory experience preferred
Have an entrepreneurial spirit & crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate & help build a disruptive business
Prioritize team culture & people management above all else, recognizing the value of establishing an effective organization & internal processes to drive business results, & get joy from developing others
Are a positive team-player, collaborating effectively with all stakeholders, inspiring action in diverse groups, & thriving on the opportunity to problem solve
Convey excitement & passion about your function you do, so much so that others comment on it