Product Manager, Customs Platform
Build the platform that will revolutionize global customs.
Were making global trade easy for customers by designing & building a world-class platform to automate global customs to an unprecedented degree. Getting goods successfully across borders is something that our customers care deeply about. Its also an area that has been historically underserved by technology. We aim to change that & to create new solutions for this thousands-of-years-old industry well use technology to enable the frictionless passage of goods through all countries. We do this by working closely with our customers, Flexport customs brokers, Flexport sales, & many other teams to identify the biggest pain points in the current process & build iteratively to address those opportunities.
Come help us disrupt global trade!
- Drive the success of entire product area in our customs brokerage products
- Work closely with our business, operations, & technology teams to develop a product strategy & roadmap to build a world-class customs platform
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, operations specialists, & data partners to define a shared product vision & then make it a reality.
- Understand customer & customs broker use cases, define clear product requirements , & work with our designers & engineers to build impactful solutions
- Manage stakeholders to align cross function resources to deliver business value
You should have:
- Prior product management or relevant work experience
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, & can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- Technical competence you understand what it takes to build software systems & enterprise APIs (you dont need to be able to code).
- Empathy for end users - partner with our Design team to craft intuitive workflows that enable our customers to do more & improve their satisfaction.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write clear product requirements, & drive consensus across functions & teams.
- A strong sense of ownership - You drive the success of the business, collaborating effectively across the entire company to resolve dependencies & lift roadblocks. Passion, curiosity, & willingness to face challenges & solve problems.
- A bachelors degree, or equivalent.
Bonus points if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Experience building internal tools
- Developed products with a global audience