This is a newly created role within the company, starting March 1, 2019.
The Account Strategy & Business Development Associate will play an integral role in acquiring new clients/business for the company, as well as assisting & further-developing existing client relationships.
Daily duties include client/prospect correspondence, conducting discovery & capabilities meetings, leading proposal development & pitching, sales pipeline development, creative/strategic ideation, supporting senior members of the business development team, & securing new business with existing & new clients.
This role sits within the Sales team, & will report to the Vice President of Account Strategy & Development, & collaborates closely with the Creative, Client Services & Marketing teams.
The three major goals for this position:
- Unearth new opportunities with new & existing clients.
- Manage the full sales cycle from ideation, discovery & proposal development, to contracting & project kick-off.
- Manage & develop an active & robust sales pipeline, continually achieving meeting, sales & proposal targets.
The ideal candidate is an organized, curious, fast learner; a self-starter with a talent for problem-solving & very strong communications. They should be able to adhere to deadlines, achieve sales/meetings targets, communicate effectively & professionally, & work well with team members & clients/prospects. This is an Account/Client facing role; an ideal candidate must present well, build & deliver pitches & presentations, solve problems, & communicate Magnet Medias value proposition & capabilities.
- Focus on uncovering new business opportunities & driving revenue
- Drive client conversations up-funnel, focusing on selling a suite of strategicproducts & services
- Develop a strategic plan for key accounts & industry verticals
- Ensure that strong ties with key accounts are developed, maintained & leveraged for greater revenues & deeper relationships
- Manage internal & external sales processes
- Partner with marketing/creative & client services teams to ensure winning proposals & successful engagements
- Minimum of 3 years selling digital products/services, showing consistent achievement & growth
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral & listening
- Experience presenting to senior clients & prospects
- Experience positioning, selling & negotiating strategic/customized client engagements
- Existing client & partnership relationships; ability to develop senior level client relationships
- Very smart, assertive & proactive
- Able to represent the company at industry events & large format meetings
- Detail orientation for implementation of complex strategies