Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Manager - Employee Communications concepts, builds & executes a thoughtful & engaging internal communication strategy that inspires, connects & engages our workforce. She/He works directly with the Chief People Officer, People Leadership Team & Functional leaders to execute a long term communications strategy, as well as day-to-day communications that align & support our company goals, vision, mission & core values.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Set & own the internal communications plan & strategy near & long term
- Own & manage all existing Employee & HR comms content development & vehicles including: outlines & scripting for CEO, President or other C-Suite members, coordinating & synthesizing content from different presenters, deck development & branding all content
- Weekly All Hands
- Quarterly All Hands, post Earnings calls/routine business updates
- Annual & mid-year performance cycle communications
- All ongoing & annual HR programming comms (i.e. Benefits Re-enrollment)
- Seasonal & Holiday CEO emails
- Monthly observances storytelling (i.e. Pride, Black History month
- New product launch comms
- Build & implement new community building vehicles (i.e. Newsletter)
- Sponsor & own the Intranet as a community building & information-rich tool
- Routinely align with Director PR/Comms, Investor Relations/Corporate Communications & Store Communications on total company messages that are both internal & external
- Regularly support & partner on Employee Experience events & activities; support with comms
- Annual engagement survey & quarterly pulse surveys
- With Chief People Officer, ongoing internal communications - scripting, prep & facilitate execution
- Maintain & manage the People team calendar
- Support the multi-disciplinary People team -- ensure all People team communications are appealing, branded & treated as internal marketing for employees, visitors, candidates
- Work with store communications to create content that is globally acceptable, & tailored for unique audiences
- Own, manage, share & update company-wide comms & events calendar
- Lead / Sponsor Diversity Equity & Inclusion workstreams tied to communications & logistics
- Set standard & filter/edit all internal communications for look, brand, tone, & key messages & word choice. Words matter.
- Partner with service teams across the organization (IT, Finance, etc.) as we update policies & roll out new initiatives
- Brand Ambassador & internal voice of Casper
Our dream candidate has/is...
- Bachelors degree
- 5-7+ years employee / internal / HR communications experience
- Experience as a member of a People/HR team a plus
- Experience in a build, high growth/high change environment; fast paced; shifting priorities; hands-on keyboard
- Public company experience required
- Strong written storyteller - wit, humor, simple, direct; will breath life into traditionally dry topics
- A knack for writing with an obsession over sentence structure, a meticulous attitude about finding typos, & belief wholeheartedly in the Oxford comma
- Experience building & implementing communications vehicles, routines & rituals that touch a HQ & distributed field population
- Demonstrated skill at tailoring content for unique audiences
- Experience working with Senior Leaders to craft critical company communications
- Integrity & confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Strong content design/organization, project management & planning - decks, scripts, outlines & the like
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, & deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to distill & simplify complex content & messaging both verbally & in writing -- including comms HR, tech, brand & commercial strategy teams & total enterprise org announcements
- Customer focused & customer service mindset
- Professionally mature
- A kind demeanor with high EQ & empathy
- High energy, positive & optimistic; by nature, a why dont we. person
- Great listener
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!