Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
In this role, you will lead a team of product managers & data analysts to build Compass next generation agent data & commissions platform. This team is responsible for all databases, systems & services tied to agents contracts with Compass, the real estate transactions they participate in, & the commissions payments that must be processed & issued as a result. Paying our agents accurately & on time is a top priority, with executive-level visibility. Your team will build & maintain systems that are both critical to our business, & highly complex by nature of contract variability, regional nuance, & interrelated operational processes.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage, develop, & hire a team of all-star product managers & data analysts
- Be a champion of the customer - deeply understand, document, analyze, & synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, & detailed specifications
- Drive the product definition, strategy, & multi-year vision for new product areas within the company
- Spearhead key initiatives & drive cross-functional alignment across engineering, design, finance, & operations
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 8+ Years of experience with expertise in building scalable tools platforms
- Experience managing & developing a team of product managers
- Experience influencing product direction & others around you; you handle chaos, ambiguity & complexity in a detailed, organized way
- Scrappy, get stuff done mentality; no job is beneath you & you lead from the front
- Expert product instincts & an ability to balance user & business impact
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.