Who we are
At Justworks, you will enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion & wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
We are helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We are data-driven & we never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & have fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
Were looking for a Networking Engineer with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. The best candidates will combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment.
This role will be responsible for design & maintenance of our corporate network, be able to lead by example where best practices like timely & transparent communication, documentation, & tech advocacy are concerned, & will have deep experience supporting Layer 2 & Layer 3 networking technologies, automation, scripting, monitoring, & response techniques. Experience mentoring IT Support teams in networking best practices & working in tandem with Information Security teams to craft policy & response to threats adds a significant advantage.
What you'll do
- 80% of your time youll own the
- Local Corporate Office Network Infrastructure
- Capacity Infrastructure Iterations (ports, cables, hardware)
- Design, Delivery, Inventory, Security, Monitoring, & Maintenance of network topology
- Communication concerning availability of the network
- Documentation & knowledge transfer to the IT Support team
- 20% of your time youll
- Handle technical escalations from the IT Support team
- Liaise with Information Security to iterate on policies & procedures
- Work closely with the IT Manager to design future network iterations
Who you are
- 3-5 years supporting an enterprise-level network
- High level of professionalism & communication
- Independent ability to research technical problems & solutions
- Expert-level skills in the networking domain exhibited by an ability to
- Use proactive measures to monitor devices & review logs to prevent network issues with regular maintenance & reliability tests
- Maintain accurate system change logs to track all device patch levels & network security policy changes while keeping infrastructure systems running the most current stable software versions
- Show a solid understanding of modern Network Fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, OSPF/BGP, SD-WAN, IGMP/PIM, VPN, etc)
- Design & construct an office network - ISP, Routing, Switching, Heat Map, Port Maps
- Design & plan for the continuing development of Wifi technologies
- Be available & respond to critical network events, outages, & emergencies
- Demonstrate experience with scripting languages & Linux command line environments
- Exhibit comfort when working in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Demonstrate Cisco CCNA certification or similar experience
- Ensure our network availability as we grow, & take ownership of the network vendor & provisioning processes
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.