At Oscar, we are changing how health insurance works. We brought together talented folks from various industries & places; we all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
Running efficient operations is a key factor to a successful organization. This Executive Assistant will be supporting our CPO to strategically manage [his/her] time & priorities to best support & enable his success. This position requires someone who loves details & can connect them to the bigger picture, can roll with the punches, & loves the challenge of working in an ever-changing & growing environment! You must be a team player & be able to thrive in a start-up & busy culture.
What is the position?
You will support our CPO to ensure that [he/she] & [his/her] organization are fully supported by accomplishing the following:
- Proactively manage the busy & ever-changing calendar of the CPO.
- Manage CPOs time/workflow by developing an understanding of task & issue priorities; bring urgent matters to attention.
- Coordinate & execute logistics of meetings & other team work.
- Develop & run social events to build community within the department.
- Prepare travel arrangements & submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Act as point of contact for visiting guests; present professionalism & ensure a positive experience.
- Aggregate, organize & track content such as meeting agendas, historical documents, department spreadsheets, etc.
- Serve as the coordinator for department-wide processes such as performance reviews, goals & metrics (called Vitals at Oscar), recruiting, onboarding new hires, welcoming interns, & budgeting
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate special projects.
- Exercise discretion & keen judgment while handling highly confidential & proprietary matters.
- Look for growth points & be a thought partner to our Chief of Staff.
- Keep a pulse on team culture & morale -- bubble up issues with ideas for solutions
- Be proactive & take ownership of your role.
You are someone with...
- 5+ years experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment - ideally in a support function for a C-level executive.
- A Bachelors degree.
- Strengths in the following areas: attention to details, organization, execution & follow-up.
- The utmost discretion & tact in handling highly confidential & sensitive information.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic & desire for success.
- The ability to think on your feet -- creatively & collaboratively -- amidst ambiguity.
- On-the-fly problem-solving skills paired with a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to juggle several tasks at once while maintaining poise & positivity.
- A proactive nature -- always thinking ahead & seeing around corners.
- Capacity to work with a variety of work-styles & personalities; maintain approachability while pushing back & challenging when necessary.
- Interest in & excitement about the Health Tech sphere.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.