Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
This position is an integral part of the Accounting & Finance team & will work cross-functionally to execute on core business issues. It is a hands-on position that is responsible for contributing to the development of the financial engineering of the company & the alignment of financial resources with the achievement of strategic goals, both long term & short term. In this role, the VP will be responsible for strategic financial planning & financial modeling, as well as other business analyses to support key company initiatives. This position works closely with the Chief Financial Officer & others in senior management on projects aligned with the company's capital structure, financing strategies, geographic expansion, evaluation of alternative business structures.
- Lead company-wide Accounting & Financial Planning & Analysis process, including annual budget & quarterly financial forecast
- Work closely with Functional Controllerto ensure planning inputs & functional reviews are carried out with accuracy & timeliness
- Work closely with the CFO to craft messages & presentations to senior management & the Board
- Works closely with the CFO & senior management on the evaluation of strategic & business alternatives & strucutre
- Hands-on development of financial models to support strategic planning, financing alternatives, business & tax scenarios & other corporate initiatives
- Participate in annual Strategic Planning process as the Accounting & Finance work-stream lead
- Work with the CFO (overall process lead) to ensure connectivity of all work-streams & to prepare Board presentation
- Work cross-functionally on a variety of projects to ensure comprehensive analytical models adequately vet critical business variables
- Manage information requests & analyses from Management & Board Members
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, & a master's degree in business administration (MBA) or a professional designation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) is preferred. Previous experience in public accounting is also a plus.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting. Preferred MA, MBA, CPA
- 10 to 15 years of related industry experience in Corporate Finance, Business Analytics & Investment Banking
- Previous experience in determining the optimal capital & business structure for companies, particularly in the biotechnology,pharma & manufacturingindustry
- Prior experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prior people management experience required
- Excellent computer modeling & presentation skills (Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills are required)
- Experience working within a public company environment
- An excellent understanding of the biotechnology & or pharmaceutical industry & manufactiruing the various functional areas
- Must have a general understanding of U.S. GAAP; understanding of foreign equivalent a plus
- High degree of initiative & ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills & a team player is essential
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience evaluating & analyzing complex financing & business initiatives
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; ability to work effectively with Senior Executives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.