This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About this position
The Category Manager- Pets is the business owner of an assortment of Pet products across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites including Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle & more. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, & make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment.
Challenges youll be tackling
Own the your category end to end across all our ecommerce brands:You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle) & be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, & pricing.
Develop & manage relationships with top CPG companies:Your suppliers will be among the top CPG companies in the world. You will become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, & empower them to optimize their business on our sites.
Managing & inspiring a team of category experts:You will be a part of hiring, managing & inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories & allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, & you will manage them & ensure they are helping you build our Grocery experience!
- Own category financial targets & KPIs (e.g. GMV & margin), & identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve & elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise & identifying assortment gaps & opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Work with planning & supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs & supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing & creative teams on category messaging
- Manage & inspire a team of category specialists & experts
How youll know its right
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results & solve problems in fun & creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 2+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources & extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing & executing strategies aligned to business goals, & taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing & developing business relationships, & in complex negotiations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience