About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As Fashion Operations Assistant, you will sit at the intersection of Buying, Site Merchandising, Sample Coordination, Planning & Allocation, & Inventory Operations. The Fashion Operations Assistant role at Rent the Runway is primarily responsible for supporting our liquidation operations, purchase order management systems, vendor relations program, & merchant tools. You will work with the Merchandising organization to help drive operations processes & assist with ensuring data accuracy across systems.
- Manage vendor relations program support, including the onboarding process, communication cadence, & exception management
- Engage with merchandising leaders to address challenges with vendor standards & partner with vendors with non-compliance to improve inventory flow through our warehouses
- Maintain shipment portal data in partnership with 3PL logistics, internal operations, vendors, & merchants
- As needed have an on-site presence at our warehouse for roll-out of merchant tool & operational initiatives
- Assist with ad-hoc projects that help the fashion team scale through phases of rapid growth, including troubleshooting, training, & ongoing support of third party software
- Assist with development of SOPs & documentation of ongoing process changes & workflows
- Troubleshoot issues & ensure there is consistency among all data sources between merchant, vendor, operations, & inventory management systems
- Assist with project management of sample sales, including ticketing & coordinating sample sale physical & digital assets, execution of partner & real estate contracts, creating files for & maintaining POS systems, ordering supplies & tracking deliveries, ensuring timely payments & deposits, & pulling sales reports
- Liaison between finance, PR, third party partners, operations, & inventory planners to ensure operational excellence & inventory control among liquidation channels
- Bachelors degree with a strong academic background
- 1-2 years of experience working in e-commerce, operations, or relevant professional experience
- A strong interest in project management
- Scrappy & comfortable wearing multiple hats & quickly switching gears between projects & priorities
- Ability to multi-task & simultaneously complete multiple projects on time
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically with Excel) & a desire to learn multiple systems
- Highly organized & self-disciplined with a strong ability to prioritize tasks & resources
- Detail oriented, efficient, self-starter, highly productive & collaborative approach to work
- Team-oriented with stellar communication & analytical skills