Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Welcome to Planet Labs. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
We have a big vision at Planet Labs; we are focused on Mission 1: Image the entire Earth, every day, & democratize access to these data & tools. With our humble beginnings in a Cupertino garage, to a scrappy team of engineers hacking our initial satellite builds, we now find ourselves with brand new technology, market traction & an expanding team.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Be a part of our mission & help build a company that is changing the world.
Planet Labs is looking for a working student to support our Global Customer Success team.
Impact Youll Own:
- Assist our Global Customer Success team in different customer-related activities
- Interact with end users & provide requested information
- Collaborate with colleagues from other departments to resolve customer related issues
- Support internal workflows & prepare documentation
- Generate usage reports for customers & track project progress
- Become familiar with Planets products & use cases
What You Bring:
- Interest in Customer Support / Customer Success
- Basic knowledge of the remote sensing market & science
- Fluent in written & spoken English
- Team player & self-starter, works on own initiative & communicates ideas
- Flexible to adapt to fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Experience with MS Office products
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with GIS & image processing software
- Experience with REST API & Python
- First experience in direct customer communication
- Preferred Location: working from our Berlin Office
- Language capabilities - German or any other language
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nations with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse & inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within & outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks & meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe & empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs & flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment & wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers & discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.