Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want you to be passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As a Software Engineer in our Release Engineering team, youll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly & deploy reliable & scalable products/services. Youll have ownership of the architecture, design, & implementation of our tools & infrastructure that improve how developers handle deployments & release of our products. Youll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer & operations community. Youll be their voice inside the company & collaborate towards continually improving their experience
- Design, build & maintain release pipelines, configuration tools, frameworks & infrastructure to enable teams make sure their work of art can be deployed easily
- Innovate & continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations
- Help teams adopt new release pipeline features & allow platforms to move fast by providing simple & consistent configuration tooling
- Research emerging tools, trends & methodologies & enhance existing systems & processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines, internal configuration management tools, frameworks & infrastructure
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, & docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed
- A penchant for simplifying configuration, an obsession with engineering velocity, & are a developer at your core
- Experience working full stack, whether its building or debugging one
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!