The Staff Quality Engineering Manager will be the lead Quality representative at our east coast assembly location. This position will develop the quality processes & quality management systems necessary for our Operations & Manufacturing teams. This is a hands-on role that is expected to move towards a management function as additional sites are brought online.
As an individual, you work well with others & have the technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to solve issues on the factory floor.You are responsible, independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality. As a manger you work to support & develop your team of talent & ensure clean & efficient execution.
This job is based in New York, NY & will require frequent domestic travel. This role reports to the Senior Director of Hardware Quality.
- Develop & implement quality processes & systems necessary to ensure safe, compliant, & effective assembly operations
- Responsible for quality policy creation, planning, & execution of assembly location project expansion
- Responsible for oversight & direct management of Staff QEs to be hired for additional sites.
- Coordinate & report on aggregate metrics across all facilities based on performance, rework, first pass yield , & scrap
- Manage centralized processes (e.g. MRB) & approve NCMR
- Coordinate with national manufacturing team to eliminate site-to-site variation
- Champion & lead continuous improvement efforts to streamline & improve metrics & operational efficiency
- Report weekly/monthly quality performance across all sites
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience in an assembly environment
- Experience managing a team & developing quality systems
- Strong communications skills
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
- CQE certification a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.