Zola is seeking a talented & passionate Back End Software Engineer to join our team in New York. You will be a part of a critical team that helps to make Zola the best wedding platform in the world. We value hard work, an orientation for speed & a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
You will work closely across various teams including product, growth, operations, customer service, marketing, & of course, technology.
Zola operates a service-oriented architecture written mostly in Java & deployed on Amazon Web Services. Our platform supports a wedding registry e-commerce business supporting hundreds of vendors as well as a wedding planning platform providing tools & guidance to thousands of couples. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, evolution, & maintenance of this platform as well as new products.
- Work with the product & engineering teams to design, develop, & maintain production ready systems & services
- Proactively identify site scaling issues & help redesign systems to address them
- Continually improve our internal infrastructure, tools & services.
- Provide technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, design reviews & collaborative problem solving sessions.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Minimum of 4+ years of backend/platform experience
- B.S. and/or Masters in Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills with at least one language such as Java or Scala
- Experience with a relational data store such as PostgreSQL & ideally one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems & web services
- Experience with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems
- Marketplace experience is a plus
- Interested in following, learning & leveraging AWS services where applicable.
- Experience in e-commerce, with knowledge of distribution & fulfillment a plus
We are open to including new technologies where & when they make sense & always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce & web user experience.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team:https://www.zola.com/about
To apply, please submit your resume & include a brief cover letter about why youre interested in Zola & in this role specifically.