Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join the global Flex Support Team, supporting our customers use of the platform, & help customers get the best experience from Twilios products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners, & operate as a subject matter expert for Twilios API products.
We seek developer-oriented Technical Support Engineers with:
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Bonus skills:
- Serverless (Lambda) experience.
- Expertise with both native & mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
A regular day in the life of a Flex Technical Support Engineer involves troubleshooting coding & integration issues for our customers to help them get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As a Flex Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- RUTHLESS PRIORITIZE: Leverage your experience with troubleshooting & resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts & standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
- DON'T SETTLE: We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, & this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customers needs are met
The support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering & product to ensure that Account Security & other Twilio products are effectively supporting our customers businesses.
Twilios platform empowers the worlds developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring their success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be based out of our RMZ World office along Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.