Latch is seeking aBackend Engineer to join a stellar team responsible for building the backbone of our smart access system. You will design highly reliable systems within our distributed environment, maintain & refine the backend systems that power out platform, & continuously improve our engineering practices. You will work within cross-functional feature teams & collaborate closely with mobile engineers, firmware engineers, product managers, & operations.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams to conceive & build new features
- Develop & deploy Java services to support rapidly growing functionality & usage
- Architect scalable & reliable infrastructure in the cloud
- Help improve the code quality through writing unit tests, automation & performing code reviews
- Dive into difficult problems & successfully deliver results on schedule
- Work with client-facing teams to debug production issues quickly & effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency with Java, experience with Play Framework preferred
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.