Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Incentive Operations (CIO) is responsible for the oversight of Merchant Acceptance & Acquirer Incentive agreements to accomplish the objectives of Incentive Agreements.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in contract management, financial analysis & demonstrated experience managing complex finance processes & engaging business partners. The ideal candidate will alsobe a meticulous, self-motivated, highly collaborative team player possessing a positive attitude.
- Review & approval of excel models/calculation created to determine contractual commitments per the terms of the client incentive contracts, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed & in compliance with Visa's accounting policy, SOX controls & taking into consideration SEC requirements.
- Review of contractual payments in accordance with the terms of incentive contracts & provide support in the resolution of related issues & discrepancies.
- Partner effectively with stakeholders in Technical Accounting & Corporate Accounting to ensure timely & accurate reporting & accounting
- Serves as a liaison with internal & external auditors
- Champion the creation & maintenance of high standards of financial discipline & accountability within the geography
Business / Team Engagement:
- Partner with the Director to manage & develop team members & to foster a collaborative team environment
- Effectively translate technical accounting treatment & financial analysis to non-finance professionals to ensure full understanding of incentive contractual language linkages to accounting policies & procedures
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis & dialogue with Sales, Finance Business Partners, Client Contract Management & Legal.
- Lead & coordinate requests from stakeholders including Strategy, Corp. Accounting, Corp. Planning, Legal, & other internal stakeholders
- Be the alternative focal point of contact for senior management on client incentives-related matters
- Drive & provide support for the department projects & initiatives such as business initiatives, new system functionality design & implementation, new incentive launch, process improvements etc
- Subject matter expert in business, product & accounting to guide/lead & also in system project to advocate specific requirements for the team.
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team & processes
- Partner with the Director to provide thought leadership & guidance over core processes building efficiencies & streamlining deliverables for optimal result
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- B.S. degree in business/accounting required with 8+ years of experience in finance & accounting. MBA or advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Ability & comfortable to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to manage, lead, influence others & set direction
- Excellent business ethics
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy & quality of output
- Strong bias for action & ability to proactively identify & resolve issues
- Strong business analysis skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills, diplomacy, & a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships & communicate effectively cross-functionally, with all levels of management & external clients
- Strong systems knowledge including system implementation experience & proficient in Microsoft Advanced Excel & Access
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.