Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Design & Construction Project Manager with experience in all areas of the tenant improvement construction process. As a Project Manager you will lead all aspects of construction management for Twilio. The role requires close coordination with project stakeholders from various teams including Finance, Legal, Real Estate, Design & Construction, Operations, IT Network, Audio Visual, Security, & EH&S to bring our projects to fruition.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic & has a deep knowledge of the construction industry, design process & construction practices. They need to be skilled in reading design & construction drawings for all disciplines, & solid working knowledge of facilities operations & maintenance. They also have:
- 5+ years as a project manager in the construction field
- Ability to help assist with site selection & lease negotiations
- Strong background in commercial construction to include tenant improvement, mechanical, electrical, plumbing building systems & site work
- Skilled in understanding design & construction drawings for all disciplines
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, & analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Experience with utility infrastructure, including construction & coordination of local utilities to site
- Management of LEED certified projects
- Travel required 25% of the time
As a Design & Construction Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Meet with internal engineering groups, operations & business units to determine detailed project requirements. Create & maintain the project budget including securing internal approval for capital funding.
- DRAW THE OWL: Review & comment on contracts & terms & conditions as it pertains to costing & deliverables for a project or scope. Review all proposals & change order requests from the Consultants, General Contractor, Suppliers, & Subcontractors. Prepare & present comparative cost analysis.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Ability to manage multiple projects including equipment upgrades & modifications within occupied buildings. Drive both internal & external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project delivery schedule.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage & support the architects, engineers, & other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. Engage & coordinate with Twilios IT, Security, & the AV design & installation teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Professionally represent Twilios interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, & Suppliers. Engage & maintain positive working relationships with the local jurisdiction/departments.
The Real Estate & Workplace team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide the companys integrated workforce & workplace strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & executing real estate transactions, design & construction, & ongoing office operations that keep Twilions productive & energized.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE in the Buckhead district. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.