BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Publishing
Salary: 23/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is committed to fair & equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, & geography.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Fellow to join our social publishing team dedicated to all things shopping. As a fellow, you will provide publishing support for the team, as well as contribute ideas, create content, & analyze & strategize around data. The ideal candidate is organized, goal-oriented, & enthusiastic about social media, & particularly into all things shoppingif youre the type of person whos always clicking add to cart or influenced to shop all TikTok fyp recs, this type of role is ideal for you.
Consider this role a crash course in content curation, data analysis, & affiliate business, with the bulk of the role focusing on how to draw in social audiences for the sake of shopping! Youll walk away from the program with an invaluable understanding of the ins & outs of social, affiliate marketing, & more.
This Fellowship is part of a six-month program. Fellows work 40 hours per week & are initially paid $23/hr. The Fellowship allows for candidates to work fully remote in select locations, but there will also be opportunities to work from our NY or LA locations.
All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply. As part of your application, please include the following: one short paragraph describing a recent favorite purchase (bonus points if its something you discovered via social media!) & a comprehensive strategy for how youd market that purchase to a social media audience on a platform of your choice.
- Schedule posts & curate shopping-oriented content across platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Pinterest.
- Read & watch BuzzFeed Shopping content & find creative ways to adapt content to different social channels & audiences.
- Optimize content across social channels & maintain a consistent publishing calendar while working to surpass aggressive traffic goals.
- Analyze & prepare insights for the social & editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization.
- Track performance of all initiatives across platforms & provide recommendations for high-performing content.
- Test creative & copy to discover ways to maximize engagement & traffic.
- Contribute ideas for social strategy around different Shopping & sales events.
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue.
- Generate reports/share pertinent information across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with other members of the Commerce Social team as well as our business & editorial teams to meet traffic & revenue goals.
- A passion for shopping / commerce content
- A unique POV or voice, particularly in crafting copy or creative assets
- A knack for analyzing & interpreting social data
- Proven organizational skills
- A deep understanding of social platforms, including knowledge of different social audiences & their unique behavior
- The ability to work with diverse teams to achieve common goals
- An enthusiasm for all things social
- A self-motivated ambition to try new projects & come up with experiments
- The ability to be flexible around shifting priorities or projects
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.