Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Lead Camera Framework Engineer in our Platform Multimedia team, you will be leading a team building services to camera capture, video recording in Augmented Reality systems. You will work closely with other teams to identify & meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for someone that has strong passion for developing camera frameworks, & has experience with camera APIs, media processing & graphics.
- Design, implement, & maintain platform camera services & API
- Help instrument & optimize performance of imaging pipeline
- Participate in development planning & prioritization
- Lead small team of direct reports on software engineering initiatives
- Provide team status updates to manager
- 7+ Years of experience with strong C/C++ development skills
- Experience with Android camera APIs, camera HAL, & media processing
- Experience with V4L2
- Experience with multi-threading & memory management specific to mobile devices
- Familiarity with OpenGL ES
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication & reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to multi-task & manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others & resolve team issues with limited guidance
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field; Masters Degree highly preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.