Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for an experienced Productleadto combine successful product development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, & technical skills. This role will be responsible for coordinating the launch & growth of the Visa Direct Payouts Service across a wide range of workstreamsincluding Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, Operations, Implementation, Client Service & Product. TheProgram Lead will be accountable for timely & high quality execution & delivery from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.This is NOT a technical program management role. This role will work directly with the Visa Direct Payouts Global Product Lead to bring the product vision to life.
- Develop integrated plans & schedules to track progress & dependencies with other functions & external parties
- Drive the execution of deliverables across multiple teams & functions
- Coordinate work for geographicallydistributed teams utilizing
- Proactivelyidentify andmitigate risks & issues, dependencies & impacts
- Provide timely & accuratereporting on product launch progress to all stakeholders
- Facilitate planning & execution of workstreams working in collaboration with workstream leads
- Coach & mentor workstream leads
- Interact confidently & collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation & security teams
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by providing input into a framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean & design thinking practices
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Masters/MBA/JD/MD or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 6-8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Prior hands on experience in a product development environment leveraging Agile practices.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles & Agile development methodologies
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations as required
- Ability to plan & prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Meticulous follow-up of issues & actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Experience working with external third party vendors & integration partners
- Strong communication skills & the ability to work well with other departments & varying levels of management. Must be able to dive deep into technical details with project teams & zoom out to understand & communicate the big picture.
- 10+ years of program management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development & infrastructure tools, processes & practices, including Agile software development
- Expert knowledge of Project Management & SDLC principles & practices & agile frameworks. Hands on experience managing product development processes.
- Payment domain or FinTech experience is a major plus
- Excellent analytical skills & enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Strong executive presence & experience advising & interfacing business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal & written communication
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document & communicate technical & business issuesand solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task & manage one's time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business & technical issues & influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Working knowledge of Project Managementand Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki & JIRA strongly preferred.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.